With proper care, your silver will retain its beauty for years to come. Many factors can influence the condition of jewellery, so you should make sure that your jewellery is properly cleaned, repaired and stored. Take care to avoid extreme humidity or heat as this may cause tarnishing.
Please follow these steps to ensure your beautiful jewellery lasts a lifetime.
Silver Jewellery will naturally oxidize over time, however silver that is regularly used generally needs less care.
- Always protect your jewellery from knocks, scratches, chemicals, sunlight and heat/cold.
- We recommend removing jewellery when you shower or bathe and particularly when on the beach, in the sea and in chlorinated water.
- Avoid spraying perfume or applying creams directly onto your jewellery.
- Keep away from extreme temperatures, humidity and sunlight, and avoid wearing your jewellery when using bleach.
- Keep your jewellery away from products containing sulphur, such as rubber bands and some papers.
To protect your jewellery, pieces should be individually placed in a pouch or within a soft lined box to stop them being scratched or tangled. Ideally store your jewellery in a dark, cool and dry place, and try to keep pieces apart, so that they don't rub together or tangle up.
Sterling Silver is a precious metal and may require cleaning from time to time.
Using a soft, lint free cloth is an effective way to keep silver, 18ct yellow and rose gold plated jewellery looking shiny and lustrous. A silver cleaner can also be used to clean sterling silver pieces. Ideally, store silver pieces in an airtight bag to help reduce tarnishing. Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they can cause scratching.
ONE YEAR WARRANTY
Every piece of Staxx Jewellery is covered by a one year warranty on receipt of a valid proof of purchase. Within one year if your jewellery needs repair we will provide you with a full repair service free of charge.
To return your jewellery to us for assessment, please contact us here.